Chances are you have seen or received marketing from companies that buy land. Maybe you saw it on a billboard or even received a letter in the mail.
They tend to say things like “We Buy Tennessee Land!” or “Cash For Your Land”.
Are These “We Buy Land in Tennessee Companies” Legit?
You may ask yourself “How do I know if the land buying companies are honest and credible?”
At first glance they all look the same but we will show you what to look for in a land buying company before you decide whether or not to work with them.
Buying and selling land is a valid and respectable line of business that helps communities and those that are selling their land. But just like any business, there are always a few land buyers in any market that make the profession look less than respectable.
Their are land buyers who are wonderful, ethical people that improve neighborhoods one property at a time.
On the other hand, there are sketchy, dishonest folks whose primary focus is money ahead of the well being of their customers. They would sell their own grandmother if there was enough money in the deal.
Yes, the shady ones are out there.
We’ll help you avoid these shady land buying characters so you can work with honest, ethical, and reputable companies who can offer a fair all cash deal to buy your land and close the process quickly.
But let’s not focus on the negative – at least not yet.
To start, let’s cover exactly what the best land investors are doing.
What Reputable Tennessee Land Buyers Are Doing
- Helping folks improve their lives giving them access to money they need right now. People often need the cash in their land to cover things such as unexpected medical expenses, or to relocate to be closer to a relative. We can make that happen in a short period of time and provide peace of mind.
- Helping land sellers get rid of a burdensome property without the drawn out hassle of listing it with a real estate agent and waiting month after month to sell the property.
- Creating local jobs. We hire surveyors, brokers, title reps, and other folks along the way. The average real estate transaction involves several people from start to finish. Our investments help create real jobs for people in Tennessee.
- Buying US products. We spend a lot of money on materials that are made right here in the USA – that creates jobs in our timber mills, factories, supply shops, distribution centers and more. The US economy depends on steady improvement, and that requires investment from folks like us.
Pretty good benefits, right?
Many people look at land cash buyers a get-rich-quick scheme. That’s not it at all. The reality of what we do on a daily basis is actually pretty boring and a lot of hard work.
Much of our work is coordinating many moving parts with lots of people involved to make sure things are happening on time.
So how you can use this information to discover if someone is a credible investor, and not just pulling a land buying scam.
How To Ensure You’re Working With A Reputable Land Buyer
When you talk with a land buyer to potentially buy your land… ask them some of the following questions to ensure they’re who you hope they are…someone who is reputable, knowledgeable, and honest.
Ask open-ended questions like these:
- What do you do help your clients?
- Tell me more about your services you offer?
- What part of your business makes you the proudest?
- What three words describe your investment philosophy?
- How can I know that you’ll close on my land when you say you will?
Second, look for tell tale signs or indicators of methods that dishonest operators tend to use.
- “Kitchen table closings” – If a land buyer tries to get you to sign the deed (ownership) of your land over to them at your house, rather than at a professional office like a closing attorney or title company… be on your guard. Most reputable land buying companies will perform the actual closing of the sale at a neutral 3rd party place… like a title company. This ensures everything is done correctly and the deal is on the up and up.
- Pressuring you into a fast closing – If a land buyer tries to pressure you into selling your land and says you must make a decision that day, be leery. Most reputable land buying services will make you and offer and that offer will be on the table for an extended period of time for you to make a decision. The reason reputable land buying services like ours at Turbo Land Offers do place deadlines on our offers is because the market changes and values can change depending on other sales in the area, also… we buy multiple parcels of land a month and when we make you an offer we want to make sure we have the cash to purchase your land. If you feel the offer isn’t a good fit for you, then we’ll assign those funds to help another seller with their land sale.
Most scammers look to score quickly and are not interested in an in-depth interview.
There’s a good chance they will make excuses to get off the phone and find someone else that doesn’t ask too many questions.
True investors running honest and ethical Tennessee land buying services, however, are building long-term businesses based on relationships with clients and community development.
So when you’re looking at one of the “we buy land in Tennessee companies“… don’t be afraid to ask questions!